Thursday, May 31, 2012

Job Search

I am finishing my Ph.D. this summer and consequently I have been hunting for a professor job for the last 2 months or so.  In the last 2 weeks I had an interview at Bloomfield College in NJ and one in Naperville, IL at North Central College.  Here are a few pics from the trip to NJ.  Thankfully Lara and the kids made the trip with me.

Grant was in charge of navigation.



 




The trip went great and we were originally planning to stick around and do some sight-seeing.  However, my next interview was only a few days away and I had to get home to prepare and fly out to Chicago.  I went solo on that trip and absolutely loved the college and the area.  I got an offer and we decided to accept!  I'll be teaching biology, ecology, and botany.  We've got lots to do before we leave in August but are so excited! 

2 comments:

Hetrick family said...

I love how you sneak in that you accepted the job in one little sentence at the end. So very proud of you. Congrats Dr. Law!! I am happy for you guys that you got the job of your dreams, but seeing the kids in these pictures makes it BEYOND bittersweet!
Grace is so big :( And looking more like Big G each day. (LOVE his little outfit!)

summertime said...

So where are you guys going to live? We are about 2 1/2 hours from there. Brett, one of our boys, will be playing hockey about 20-30 min from you so we will be visiting often. Let me know what town you will be in! -- Michelle