Saturday, January 9, 2010

Granted a Wonderful Christmas

Since it has been so long since our last post, I thought I would start this post with an updated picture of Grant (taken yesterday).  He is starting to smile and has lost quite a bit of hair since our last post.
Over the holiday season we realized Grant is a great traveler.  We visited friends & relatives all over and were barely home over the course of a few weeks.  Our first visit was Christmas Eve to see Grant's Great-Grandma and Aunts Peg & Connie.  I know you don't like your picture taken Gram, and probably even more so you wouldn't want it posted, but this is far to sweet not to show.  Like you said Gram, a lot of people never get to hold their great-grandkids.
And here's a picture of Aunt Peg lovin on Grant.

Then it was off to Grandma and Papa's in cook forest.  We got together with the whole crew on Christmas.  Here's Grandma and Papa with almost all their grandkids (Sofia was taking a little nap). 


It was a great Christmas and so special that Grant got to be with so many of his aunts, uncles, & cousins on his first Christmas.

Then onto Pittsburgh to visit Grant's other "Uncles".  I have been friends with these guys forever.  Our lives have taken us separate places throughout the country and we always find time and make an effort to get together.  Cam couldn't make it to PA this year but I am sure Grant will also meet you sooner rather than later.  It was great to visit and I hope we do it again soon whether it be in PA, TN, or ME.

Our last holiday trip took us to Jenny & Jed's for New Years and onto Jason & Heather's in Columbus, Ohio to start off the New Year.  Cody is getting so big and was so sweet to Grant.  He really loved holding him.
 

Carly is getting so big.  Lara and I can't believe she is already standing up!

Papa Jim took some time to love on Grant.

Thanks for having us!!!  It was great to see you guys.


What a great few weeks we had visiting everyone.  Thanks for everything everybody!  Since it has been so long since I posted I thought I would include some cute photos of Grant that have been taken over the past few weeks...enjoy!






6 comments:

The Fiscus Family said...

Love him, Love him, LOVE HIM!!!!

Wow, he is really getting so roly-poly & all the more adorable! The 1st picture is really sweet, with that ALMOST smile :) I could just suck one of those cheeks off!!!

Enjoyed all the pics of him visiting with everyone & at home!!!! What a memorable 1st Christmas! We love you!

Kristen Schnackenberg said...

He is so sweet and cute and certainly getting chubby :) I love his chubby, delicious cheeks! Thank you for posting so many wonderful pictures! He sure is a doll!

Hetrick family said...

LOOK AT HOW HE IS CHANGING!!!

Wow..you had so many precious pictures. Grant--we can't take you chubbing up like that...SO PRECIOUS! You are getting cuter by the day, Sweetheart!!!

He really made the rounds this Christmas and you can tell he was the light of the parties!!! Love all the pictures with everyone.

We miss him, hope we see you all soon!!

Hetrick family said...

p.s. That bath tub shot makes me weak in the knees.

The DeMotte Seven said...

OMG! I can't believe how much he is growing!!! SO chubby! LOVE the cheeks! Can't wait to meet him in person! The whale shirt is adorable on him!!!

Fresh-You said...

He is SO sweet! Lara, I just love the one of you and your sweet boy! Awesome that he travels (and I assume that includes the sleeping over part) well! That will be great as he gets older and is already used to traveling! Have a nice week! Thanks for the sweet post too :)