Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Amazed and Inspired
This past weekend was one of those great weekends. One that gets you completely out of your rut and almost makes you forget that Monday's even exists. It all started leaving work early Friday and heading to Akron to see Jenny run in her first marathon. To say Jenny did a great job is the understatement of the year. Not only did she finish but she placed 10th in her age group and was the 41st woman to cross the line (out of 449). Did I mention it was her first marathon!!! Also, amazingly impressive, her good friend Colleen finished her 5th marathon with 6th place in her age group and was the 24th female finisher.
Here is Jenny at about 6:55 am Saturday morning just before the start of the race.

..and here she and Colleen are about 10 miles into the race. I believe Jenny's face is saying, "Yes, I would like an energy gel."
Just a picture of the course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment