Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Great One!!!

Last weekend we traveled to Cook Forest for Nate's (Lara's brother's son's) 2nd birthday. When we were planning the trip I told Lara that I wanted to take the dogs and pitch a tent at the property by the Clarion river. I figured she would sleep at her parents' place. Much to my surprise, she thought camping sounded like a great idea. I assumed throughout pregnancy Lara would be justifiably tired and moody. She has been neither. Even with her her big belly, I constantly have to remind myself that she is pregnant. She still does it all and never complains. I mean come on, how many pregnant women in their 8th month sleep in a tent in 40 degree weather! I am so glad she joined me because we had so much fun.
Snug as a bug in a rug.

Then on Sunday it was on to Nate's Outdoor-themed party. The kids had a blast.
Jeff had a nice fire going to keep everybody warm and to dry out a kid or two.
I stole Luke from Jenny and Jed (& Lara!) for most of the day.
Lisa made an awesome cake complete with edible trees.
Although I think Nate found more pleasure in eating it rather than looking at it. It was great party and we were so happy to be there to share in it. Happy 2nd B-day Nate!
Much like last weekend this one ended with a policeman peeking in my car window. However, this time he was offering assistance rather than handing over a ticket. Unfortunately the mighty wagon let us down on the way back home from Cook Forest. About a half hour into the drive it sounded like someone threw a wrench in the motor! We abruptly pulled over to find the water pump had basically broke in two and was bouncing around under the hood. Thankfully, my Dad always gets us AAA plus for Christmas and we gladly used a free tow. Also Lara's Dad drove out to pick us up and take us home. The worst part of all was that we were stuck in traffic for 1.5 hours due to construction (& an accident?) after Dale picked us up. Eventually both us and the car made it home safe and sound. I fixed the car today and it is running like new (& for only $30!). This next weekend we will be heading to New York to celebrate Alivia's B-day. I am hoping the only police officer I talk to is my brother.

2 comments:

Hetrick family said...

You two haven't had much luck in the travel department these last few weekends. Please drive slowly and carefully to my house this weekend!!

You got some great pictures at the party. I didn't get one shot of that little bugger LOOKING at me. And I commented to Jen how it is adorable that you and Lara always "steal" Pookey! He's such an angel.

Camping looked great. Lara is a trooper--I am praying that labor/ delivery goes as smoothly as the rest of it has:) It is just around the corner...

Whitney said...

Sounds like fun. Matt's super jealous... I wouldn't suffer a 40 degree night, ever :)