This Thanksgiving brought us much to be thankful for. Namely the birth of a beautiful, healthy son. However, before I get into details about him, something would be amiss if I did not mention my wife. I expected Lara to be amazing in labor, she was all that I thought possible and more. Our day, as many labors are, was filled with not only physical pain but disappointments and frustrations along the way. I won't get into details here but at every obstacle she moved forward with the same tenacity, strength, and resolve she had shown hour upon hour prior. She was calm, focused and amazing......simply amazing. At 4:19 am on November 26, 2009, Grant Wesley Law was born. Both he and his mother were healthy and happy and I am sure that any parent would give up their birth plan to have that result.
So here is the little bugger! I won't post many pics now because I need to get back to Lara and Grant at the hospital but certainly many more photos will come in the following days and weeks.
All the Dr.'s wanted a piece of the little guy as he entered the world!
Grant was 7 lbs 11 oz and 21" long at birth. I cannot even begin to express the joy that Lara and I are feeling with the addition of this precious little baby to our family.
11 comments:
Congratulations! He is beautiful!
yeah! awesome!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!! welcome little man! Happy Thanksgiving!!! great job Lara! Whew all that waiting is over and now you can enjoy! You two are wonderful parents! What a lucky little guy! Love and prayers from Ohio!
So very precious! He is beautiful! Congratulations to you both. Way to go Lara! Really sweet photos & commentary from Dad. I teared up over this arrival.
Thirsty for more of your little one! Get some rest first....
Congratulations! He is so beautiful! I am so happy for you both. And Jeff, that was just the sweetest thing I have read - Lara, I know you did amazing :) So many prayers for you guys right now and in the healing process :)
Woo-hoo! We're so happy for you!! Congratulations!
Lara-- Really, you were amazing!! I'm so proud of you!! I can still well up with tears thinking of watching Grant latch on the first time. You are a natural. Already, such a great mom. I can hardly wait to see you again, and I am so relieved that you are recovering well!!
Jeff--it would also "be amiss" if you didn't get any props for the amazing coach you were :) Every step of the way...so endearing, so much love. It was a beautiful thing to see the two of you take it all in stride--TOGETHER!!!
Grant--you look absolutely stunning in these pictures, but still--you're even more perfect in person. Welcome to the world you little Turkey :) I so appreciated holding you and breathing in as much of your sweet newborn smell as I possibly could. You are so so loved!! I hope you feel it already!!XOXOXO
Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! Glad everyone is doing so well, what a cute little boy!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Great work Lara & Jeff....Grant is absolutely beautiful!
We love him so much :)
YEAH! So glad he is here, safe and sound! Get as much sleep as possible the next few weeks! We CAN'T WAIT to meet little Grant!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Thought I'd share the kids' reactions to seeing Grant here (I thought you'd enjoy them):
Elle: "Awe (wide-eyed), he's SO cute!!!! He looks like a boy! Did Aunt Lara poop him out?"
Anna: "There's his weiner...fresh out of Aunt Lara's belly! He looks like Pookie!"
Emma: "Aaawwwwee" (all smiles)
Ty: (giggles & smiles)
Pookie: lots of applause from him (clapping is his new favorite talent!)!!!!!
They all can't wait to meet their new baby cousin!!!!!
Post a Comment