Here is Lara on her due date (Tues). As you can, see she is still putting on her scrubs and heading out to work everyday. I think she's decided this upcoming Tuesday will be her last work day before baby (if the baby doesn't come sooner). Today we had a Dr.'s appointment and since she is past her due date, they conducted a non-stress test in which they hooked Lara up to a fetal heart rate monitor for 20 minutes. They were looking to see if the baby was moving and his/her heart rate was elevating along with the movement. The Dr. said it is a good sign if the baby makes 4 movements in 20 minutes. Our little one moved about 20 times in the first 15 minutes and so they took Lara off the monitor a little early! So it appears the little one is still quite healthy and active. Our next appointment will be Tuesday as we have now moved up to twice weekly appointments. We will be doing another non-stress test. I have to say, aside from the ultrasounds the non-stress tests are the best appointments. Lara gets to relax in a recliner and we get 20 minutes to just sit and listen to the baby's heartbeat.


4 comments:
still no baby??? man, well at least you look great lara...that counts for something, right!?!
I love that waiting for THIS baby for SO LONG (is it really only 4 days late) has taken (at least me) back to the excitement of waiting for Baby Emma!!!! Although each baby has been so fun to wait for there is something about the unknown of your FIRST!!!
What will the sex be?
What will he/she look like?
And in your case--what will the NAME BE?
It is also so exciting to see the changes that you guys will undergo when you BECOME parents. I can cry just thinking about walking into your hospital room and seeing you and Jeff looking at your new baby!! My experience so far is that perfect aunts and uncles make perfect parents :) I love you guys, we are all waiting PATIENTLY with you!!
One more thing...Allison's right--if you have to be 40.5 weeks pregnant--it is nice that you are also adorable! XOXOXO
Lara - you look amazing! And I can't believe you're still working!!! Good for you! I'm getting so anxious to hear the wonderful news.....but I'm sure nothing compares to how you two are feeling. Amy's right, there's nothing like a first baby. So many emotions and experiences are so close to coming your way :) I am so excited for two. Keep hanging on, Lara! Babies have to come out at some point.
Maternity scrub tops....now those are *CUTE*!!!!! Your belly makes it :) You look great!!!!
You, still working at 40+ weeks pregnant.....that's crazy & extremely motivating!!!! I guess I have no excuse for not cleaning my bathrooms!
Baby Law, you are keeping us all in suspense, aren't you? We can't wait to love you!!!! ps. Make it easy on your Mommy :)
Post a Comment