Lara and I loved our trip to Colorado. We flew out May 18th and got back May 25th (Monday). We thought we might spend some time in Denver but loved the park so much we just couldn't bring ourselves to leave it. We hiked everyday we were there and traveled around 30 miles on the trails. We hiked up and down mountains, around lakes, and to waterfalls. The park was nearly devoid of people which made it all the better. We felt like we had the park to ourselves. Lara, even being nearly 4 months pregnant, had no trouble trekking all over the park. It absolutely was a second honeymoon.

This was our adorable cabin in Estes Park just minutes from the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. It was perfect. It had a fireplace and the owners gave us a bundle of wood each day. We spotted a few elk right out our window.

I tried to pick out a few photos that summed up our experience there. We took over 300 and also 1.5 hours of video. Luckily most of you won't be subjected to all of it.

Can you spot a moose?

Trail ridge road is the only road that bisects the park. It was scheduled to be closed until at least the 23rd but opened up early much to our delight.
1 comment:
Your cabin is so cute! I hope you got pictures of the inside!
Beautiful landscape shots, and you both look great.
I am so happy that you were able to go on a SECOND honeymoon--LUCKY!!
Post a Comment