Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy Holidays...and a Birthday Post for Grant!

It has been a busy holiday season here.  The first thing that started this festive time of year was Grant's birthday party back in November.  Unfortunately the day of his party I-90 was only open to emergency personnel following the big storm, and for those not traveling in that direction the forecast also called for a chance of freezing rain.  Lara and I decided to still have Grant's party since that time of year is so busy for everyone, and who knows what the day would have look liked had we rescheduled.  Happily, the Fiscus family braved the trip north.

Grant wanted a penguin party and so Lara delivered with lots of penguin decorations and an iceberg cake.





Grant really enjoyed his party but even with a small party and us singing quietly, he still didn't want to hear us sing Happy Birthday.

The other exciting event was that evening there was a light parade on Grand Island.  It was a bit chilly but I think everyone enjoyed.  


His party was the weekend before his actual birthday.  On the day of his birthday, we started off with some penguin pancakes and then went to the aquarium to see some real penguins.





When we got home, Lara and I gave him his gifts from us.




It is hard to believe the little bugger is 5.  Happy Birthday Grant!

No comments: