Sunday, May 25, 2014

Half-Marathoner

Earlier this month Lara ran her first half-marathon.  Her first half was in Pittsburgh and she ran it with our good friend from college, Beth.  Lara spent the night before the race with Beth while the kids and I spent the night in a hotel eating popcorn and watching Ratatouille. 


As you can imagine the city was a bit hectic that day but we all made it in plenty of time before the start.

I decided to wait for Lara at one spot along the half-marathon and unfortunately didn't see her.  The kiddos were getting a bit impatient and I was distracted by them and she slipped by in the crowd.

We did get to see the elite athletes, who as you would expect, were crazy fast.

We also got to see some pretty Pittsburgh scenery.

Rather than fight the crowds (& my kids) and try to watch Lara and Beth finish, we went to our designated meeting point, got a corn-dog, and waited for them to meet us.  The kids did pretty good considering I didn't bring a stroller along and made them walk everywhere.  

Lara and Beth both had a fantastic run and finished right around the time that they expected.  It was an especially hilly course and thus all the more difficult.

Jenny, Jed, and the crew also made the trip down to watch the big race.  Thanks for coming guys!  

Lara, congratulations on a superb first half-marathon!  I am so proud of you!!!

No comments: