We had a great winter in Naperville. Jason, Heather, Cody, and Carly came for a visit last month and we had lots of fun including a trip into Chicago and a visit to the aquarium. I had so much fun I forgot to take pics! So until I nab some photos from Heather, we won't be able to show it here. The kids have been doing great. Gracie is running all over the place and getting into anything that she can get her hands on. She loves reading and has started bringing books to us a lot. She seems to be a bit more outgoing than her big brother. As I imagine most little sisters are, she is one tough cookie. She doesn't fuss or cry often but when she isn't happy, she can pout with the best of them (hopefully we get a pic of it soon). I remember right after she was born, she was wailing under the warmer in the nursery, and the nurse said, "it won't be hard to tell when big brother is picking on her." Aside from the nursery she has always been, and still is, such a smiley, happy baby. She says, "Uh oh", usually after throwing something on the floor. Other than that she still pretty much just says, "Mama", which can be used to refer to either Lara, Grant, or I.



Grant is enjoying Naperville and often says he wants to stay at this house forever. Although he sometimes complains about there being lots of traffic when we are out and about and says that he wants to live in the woods (me too bud!). He loves learning everything and
always says, "wud you say". He says it not because he didn't hear it but because he didn't understand something in the sentence. He will ask for explanations of everything and we will go over it until he understands it. Here are a few examples of some neat things I have heard from him in the past week or so.
"Dad, did you know that some whales have baleen?" -I came to learn Lara taught him that a week or so earlier.
"The sun goes down because the Earth turns...and it is morning somewhere else."
I wish I could remember more because his questions and his explanations are constantly occurring One day I told Lara that I don't know how he doesn't lose his voice. He loves to draw, learn about space, and anything to do with robots. He is a daddy's boy and is often glued to my side.
Here he is with a homemade "robot".
We had been hoping for snow for awhile and finally started getting some late in the season.
Other than that our days have been filled with...
dancing...
cooking...
and walking the neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment