Saturday, December 10, 2011

Terrible two, says who?!

So far Grant has been anything but terrible!  He had a wonderful 2nd birthday at a pavilion in Cook Forest.  It was a little chilly but we had a nice fire to keep us warm.  Lara had a great train-themed party with about the cutest cake I've ever seen.






Grant enjoyed being with all his cousins, even if it did take him a little bit to warm-up to it.  Thanks everybody for coming!  Grant had a great time and is loving all his new toys.

Grant's party was a week or so before his actual birthday so Lara and I saved our presents to give him on his actual birthday.

 
We had another cake for him too!


It is so hard to believe that he is already two years old.  He talks from sunup to sundown.  In the morning we'll here, "Mommy, Daddy, come in Grant's room" or "Mommy and Daddy are sleeping in bed."  He looks at Lara's belly and says, "baby growing" all the time.  He uses full sentences a lot and amazes me with the things he knows.  He laughs so much and likes getting Lara and I to laugh.  He dances all the time.  When he has to go on the "naughty step" he cries but almost always sits patiently and waits for us to come talk to him.   He has just recently mastered giving an evil eye and if upset he will tilt his head toward you and squint at you.  He really looks mean!  At first he was doing it seriously, now he seems to do it to be silly.  He loves the animals and usually says "night, night" to all of them.  He still LOVES trains.  He has just recently started to say "I love you" to Lara and I without any prompting.  It is hard to believe that in about 6 weeks he will be a big brother!

1 comment:

Hetrick family said...

For real. There is absolutely NOTHING terrible about that sweetheart of yours! His kind, gentle nature is the best!! :) He sure did have an adorable party. And speaking of adorable--He is only getting cuter with age. I think he is totally ready to take on the big brother role!!! He's going to be the best!!!