If you think that our first child was Grant, you would be wrong. Our first child was kilo (aptly named because he is so tiny....like a kilogram). We adopted him from a shelter in Lubbock, Texas. I stopped at the animal shelter in the morning and of all the cats there, I thought he would be the perfect pet. Lara stopped by the shelter the next day and without knowing the cat I liked, also picked Coconut (his name at the shelter). He is the most perfect, terrible pet you could ever imagine. When we first got him he was up all night scratching and ruining the carpet all over the apartment. You couldn't lock him out of the room because he would just scratch and yeow at the door all night long...also ruining the carpet. Well, eventually he settled in and is still the sweetest most annoying pet. If Lara and I argue, he will bite my ankles until we stop. If you are stressed, he meows in your face and won't leave you alone until you stop and relax. He loves to cuddle. He really likes to curl up on Lara's belly when she is pregnant and I think that Grant got used to his purr in utero. Now when Kilo comes near him, Grant cuddles up and puts his thumb in his mouth just like he does with his beddy (aka little blanket). Well onto the reason for all this reminiscing. Kilo is now in kidney failure. He was luckily diagnosed by chance. Lara had him at the vet to groom him and one of the vets happened by and decided to check him out. He now has a special diet and some pills to take. He really doesn't have a survival time. It could be weeks or years and obviously we are hoping for the latter. Here are a few recent pics of our first baby!
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Our Baby
If you think that our first child was Grant, you would be wrong. Our first child was kilo (aptly named because he is so tiny....like a kilogram). We adopted him from a shelter in Lubbock, Texas. I stopped at the animal shelter in the morning and of all the cats there, I thought he would be the perfect pet. Lara stopped by the shelter the next day and without knowing the cat I liked, also picked Coconut (his name at the shelter). He is the most perfect, terrible pet you could ever imagine. When we first got him he was up all night scratching and ruining the carpet all over the apartment. You couldn't lock him out of the room because he would just scratch and yeow at the door all night long...also ruining the carpet. Well, eventually he settled in and is still the sweetest most annoying pet. If Lara and I argue, he will bite my ankles until we stop. If you are stressed, he meows in your face and won't leave you alone until you stop and relax. He loves to cuddle. He really likes to curl up on Lara's belly when she is pregnant and I think that Grant got used to his purr in utero. Now when Kilo comes near him, Grant cuddles up and puts his thumb in his mouth just like he does with his beddy (aka little blanket). Well onto the reason for all this reminiscing. Kilo is now in kidney failure. He was luckily diagnosed by chance. Lara had him at the vet to groom him and one of the vets happened by and decided to check him out. He now has a special diet and some pills to take. He really doesn't have a survival time. It could be weeks or years and obviously we are hoping for the latter. Here are a few recent pics of our first baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OH NO!! Poor Kilo!!! I really hope it is years, for all of your sakes.
Post a Comment