It is hard to believe it has already been over a month since our last blog post. Although we haven't been posting we have been having lots of fun this summer. We've been enjoying the warm weather. One of our favorite places to visit is Bald Eagle State Park which is just a short jaunt down the road.
We have also been enjoying the backyard. Usually if I ask Grant what he wants to do I hear "mow" or "outside". He loves, loves, loves his mower!
Grant still loves to talk. When he gets up in the morning he lists everything he sees: fan, bed, kitty, tunes (aka Luna), etc. He is starting to put two words together. He says things like "Daddy's chair". Today when I came home from work he yelled, "Home, Daddy's home!" It sure makes your day when your little boy is that excited to see you.
Aside from the general playtime fun we have had some good visits. Papa Jim came up for a Fathers Day weekend visit and bike ride.
The Fiscus family invited everyone over for a great Fathers Day Dinner!
We went to the minor league ballpark. Lara's employer sponsors Bark in the Park which is a game where people can bring their dogs.
We opted to leave these two rascals at home but both are doing well. Cooper recently had a mass removed from his paw (much like Henry's in a previous post). However, Cooper's ended up not being cancer.
We went to Ryan's first birthday party. Lisa threw a great nursery rhyme themed party and we all had a great time. Grant did his first slip n' slide. He was a bit scared at first but enjoyed the ride down the hill.
Can you tell this was at the end of the day! That is a pretty rough looking crew. Everyone (well, all but Luke on the left!) look like they are due for a nap.
And when we got home, this is what our boy looked like.
And lastly, we had the annual 4th of July get together at our house. We had a great time. Also as part of the tradition a group of us ran the Firecracker 4k. Here we are showing off our hard-earned T-shirts. The Fiscus girls ran really hard this year. Way to go girls, what a great race!
The fireworks were spectacular as always. Lara thought Grant might be afraid of the loud noise. Nothing could have been further from the truth. He kept bouncing around yelling, "BOOM". He certainly enjoyed them as much or more than the rest of us. It has been such a GREAT month.
1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. I absolutely adore all the pictures. Grant is just precious. Too precious! I am seeing more of LARA in him as he gets bigger. I mean, clearly...he has TONS of Daddy, but Mommy is emerging. I can't tell you how much I loved listening to him talk over the 4th! Such a sweet milestone. And an even sweeter boy! Love him.
Post a Comment