Friday, May 21, 2010

Boston Bound!

On Sunday we traveled to the Poconos to watch Jenny run her 2nd marathon!  Here's the starting line.

We drove around and got to see her at the start, two places along the race, and then at the finish.  Her comes Jenny, with some of her most adoring fans watching.

Pookie (aka Luke) and Grant were perfect (along with the other kids).  It was cute to see these two "playing" together.

Jen did A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  She finished in 3:18 which equals out to 7:35 minutes/mile which qualifies her for the Boston marathon.  Actually it qualifies her for the Boston marathon with 22 minutes to spare.  I am sure you won't brag Jen, so I will!!!  Congratulations!   

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work
~Colin Powell

So happy we could be there to see the result of all that hard work.   

5 comments:

The DeMotte Seven said...

Thanks so much for posting Jeff! I love all of the pics! And you are right, she would never brag, but we can do it for her!!! AMAZING! We already lined up a babysitter for Boston!!!

Fresh-You said...

Thank you for the cute post! She is totally amazing! And in the pics it was also fun to see all of her awesome muscles! I could teach an anatomy lesson with her body! Grant really looks like you guys! So sweet! Hope to see you soon, who knows when, so keep posting! Have a great week!

Hetrick family said...

She is so awesome!! Awesome post Jeff. Awesome pictures. And Jen....AWESOME TIME!!!!! Clearly...I am in awe!!!

Look out BOSTON!!!!!!!

cristy said...

Seriously amazing! I'd ask how she does it, but clearly the answer is going to involve hard work & determination. I too am in awe!!!!

The Fiscus Family said...

Thank you for coming to the race...it meant SO much to have you all there supporting me!!! I'm glad we had lots to celebrate too....I still can hardly believe it!!!!

Looks like we need to trade pictures from the day :) Neat how you did the color effects in that last photo.