Sunday, March 28, 2010

1/2 Marathon

You may recall the title of my post about Jenny running her first marathon was Amazed and Inspired.  Well quite literally I meant I was inspired to run.  A few weeks after Grant was born I started picking up my running schedule and decided that I would run the Cook Forest half-marathon (13.1 miles).  The day finally came and I ran it yesterday.  I finished in 2:04 (9:31 minutes/mile) which is by no means fast but I was pretty happy with it.  Here is a pic Lara took of me at the halfway point.  I was feeling pretty good here....that feeling soon faded!

Jenny also ran and was crazy fast.  She finished in 1:30 (6:53 min/mile) and won her age group!!!  Great Job Jen.  That is amazing, REALLY AMAZING!

Thank you to everyone that came out to support us.  It was so much fun I may have to do it again sometime soon.

In other news we've been having lots of fun on our weekends.  We had a great time celebrating Ella's birthday a few weekends ago.

...and the following weekend my Dad came for a visit.  Here are 3 generations of Laws.  Grant didn't seem to be thrilled to pose for a picture.  :)

Other than that, we have been spending as much time as possible lovin' on the little guy.

Although I have to say, he seems to be lovin' a lot on Mommy these days.

6 comments:

The DeMotte Seven said...

Yeah Jeff! Great job. You know what they say, "The miracle isn't that you finished, it's that you had the courage to start!" And thanks for posting pics. If I had to wait for Jenny to post...it might be years! You two look so cute! Oh, and that picture of Grant sucking his thumb is PRICELESS!!! How I wish I had a thumbsucker! See you guys next week for Em's party!

Kristen Schnackenberg said...

Good job on your 1/2 marathon, Jeff! Such an accomplishment! I can't even run 2 miles :) Grant is getting so big and so cute :) He's just adorable. I LOVE the picture of him snuggled up next to Lara, sucking his thumb. His little tiny hands and big chubby cheeks are just delicious! I'm so glad that you two are enjoying all of your little guy!

Hetrick family said...

Wow, I'm so proud of both of you!! Way to go Jeff, 13.1 down--now onto the marathon?!?! :) My hat is off to you for the half!!

The boy is getting so so big, and cuter by the day!! Can't wait to see EVERYONE at the party on Saturday! Thanks for the post and all the great pictures of Tanka tanka chunck!! Love him!

cristy said...

You two runners are amazing! Great work! Very inspiring, & I need some inspiration right now.

Grant is cute!!! You know that already. I love the picture with him & your dad. That look on his face is the best!

The pictures of Grant & Mommy are especaially sweet!

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is growing up too fast! What a sweet pic of him sucking his thumb. He is just like Carly. We can't wait to see you guys soon.
Congrats on the race, Jeff. I could never do that...5K is a bit much for me at this point.

Take care!
Heather

The Fiscus Family said...

Way to go, Jeff!!!! Congrats on a great 1st half!!! I'm proud of you!!! Let's do that again :)

Is Grant a Mommy's boy already, or what???? So sweet!