Friday, October 16, 2009

Still Snowing

It is still snowing! Campus has about 5 inches down. However in Bellefonte we don't have near that amount. It made my fieldwork this morning a little tougher than usual. I can't believe that tailgating before homecoming is cancelled (see below)!!! Lara and I were going to take in the homecoming parade tonight but we might just snuggle up at home instead.

A winter storm has brought more than 4 inches of snow in some higher elevations of western Pennsylvania, with lesser amounts in New Jersey and upstate New York.

The National Weather Service says there's 4.5 inches of snow in State College, Pa., and 2 more inches possible through Saturday morning. Penn State has canceled any tailgating in Beaver Stadium's paved parking lots before Saturday's homecoming football game against Minnesota because of worsening weather forecasts. All grass lots have been closed.

3 comments:

Hetrick family said...

That's nuts!!!

The picture is beautiful, but SERIOUSLY---aren't our winters long enough??!!

Must we start in October?!

On a happier note--getting CLOSER to BABY!!!! Not that I am excited or anything... ;)

cristy said...

wow, so beautiful, but oh so cold! i can't imagine so much snow in october! we too are getting excited for the bebe!

The Gilligans said...

Hi Lara! I found your blog through your sister's (Amy). I talk with her back and forth quite often since her and my sister are good friends! But, I don't think I have seen you since high school, so it was great to catch up through your site! Congrats on a soon to be new baby! I hope you and your husband are doing well. Take care and best of luck with your new arrival!!!