Monday, February 23, 2009
SOS Answered!!!
Today Lara and I got the good news that we will be able to stay in State College and finish my Ph.D. I found someone that would be able to support me through teaching assistantships and be able to fund my research. I will be starting a new project but my new advisor is hopeful that I can start collecting data this spring. Dr. Rob Gallagher answered my SOS and I could not have been happier to meet him. He is a professor of cropping systems so it will be a change in direction from my previous research. However, one of the goals of his research is to reduce the environmental impact of agricultural on the environment. So although it is different than what I've done, it relates quite well to my background. Lara and I are so happy and relieved to know where we will be living for the next few years and that I'll be finishing my Ph.D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!!!! So happy for you both...you can finally breathe a sigh of relief! I was worried you might soon be across the country again, so this is great news :) :) :) Good luck with your new project!
YAY!!!
I can't help but think that staying settled means BABIES in the future?!!?
Hmmm...wouldn't that be WONDERFUL!?
I know you both would have thrived even if it meant another move, but I am glad you are staying put for my own selfish reasons! :) Love you guys and CONGRATULATIONS!
Post a Comment